Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Legend of Rock Gaming

What is this? Do my eyes deceive me? Could this be? Did Tom actually score an interview with a gaming legend? Wow... And to think Ribs just wanted to burn Tom's stuff... I present to you readers, in all it's it's glory, an interview with Alan Alcorn, inventor of one of the greatest games known to our kind (and by our kind I mean gamers.) Well here we are ladies and gentlemen; Tom's interview, now if you'll excuse me...I have to go get my stapler back from Ribs

~IcedHope

Tom: What inspired you to make Pong?

Alan: Money, and the excitement of starting a company. Pong was a lucky accident.

Tom: In my opinion, there are four games that outlive the ages; Pacman, Tetris, Space Invaders and Pong. How do you feel about the other three?

Alan: Your's sounds good to me.

Tom: What are your favorite classic games?

Alan: I like the Bally pinball "Fireball".

Tom: And your favorite "modern game?"

Alan: I like World of Warcraft.

Tom: There was a time when all video games fit under the genre "video game," but now there are so many sub-genres, it is difficult to keep your head from spinning. With FPS, MMORPG, TD, and billions of other initialisms, what is your favourite of these genres?

Alcorn: Actually I am an electrical engineer and not a big fan of video games. I enjoy the process of creating something new.

Tom: Many games have been re-created, or have new versions, such as Tetris, Space Invaders, and Brick Breaker, but Pong has withstood the test of time relatively untouched. How do you feel about this?

Alcorn: Pong is so simple that it doesn't need embellishment. I am honored that it is still alive in the popular culture of the world.

Tom: What is your proudest moment as a game designer?

Alan: Seeing the success of the consumer Pong.

Tom: Can we expect anything from the amazing Alan Alcorn anytime soon?

Alan: I am enjoying life. Who knows?

Tom: Thank you so much for your time. I had never expected to get an interview with someone so great. Thank you again.

... And there you have it folks. Fresh from the creator of one of the best games of all time, PacMa... No? Space Inva.... What? Really? Tetri...? C'mon! I always forget! Lines please! ... Pong? You sure? Okay.... That's right! The creator of Pong, Alexey Pajitnov! What?! You've gotta be kidding me! Holy [The rest of this end note has been removed due to inappropriate language. We apologize for any inconvenience. This footnote has been terminated.]

Games, Gold, and Glory is not affiliated with PacMan, Pong, Space Invaders, nor Tetris.

No comments:

Post a Comment